Candice Knowles is an Associate in the firm’s Property and Development Practice Group.
Her practice has covered a range of real estate transactions and matters related to residential and commercial property development.
Recent engagements include:
- Advising private clients on the acquisition, ownership and sales of residential and commercial property in The Bahamas, and related financing and approvals.
- Providing advice for purchasers and developers on environmental matters in connection with boutique resort development and commercial retail development under the Environmental Planning and Protection Act, 2019 and Environmental Impact Assessment Regulations, 2020.
- Advising and assisting developers in obtaining the necessary governmental approvals required to develop and operate private island resort hotels, including the entering into of Hotels Encouragement Act Agreements with The Government of The Bahamas.
- Assisting with the planning, governmental approvals and legal framework for subdivisions, resorts and planned-community development and sales.
- Providing advice under the Planning and Subdivision Act and the Law of Property (Condominium) Act to clients in relation to the requirements and process for developing subdivisions and declaring condominiums in The Bahamas.