Adrian Hunt is a Partner in the firm’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice Group. He is an experienced civil litigator who has appeared as lead counsel before all levels of Courts and Tribunals in The Bahamas in behalf of local and international private and institutional clients.
Adrian’s practice is focused primarily in Admiralty, Employment, Personal Injury, Insolvency, and Intellectual Property law.
Recent engagements include:
- Acting for the liquidators of a foreign entity in a disputed claim to ownership of funds held in the account of an investment bank, placed in voluntary liquidation.
- Advising foreign insolvency office holders and creditors alike, creditors in respect to tracing and identifying assets.
- Advising a utility service provider in an assessment of damages stemming from a dispute concerning a longstanding trespass.
- Representing a fuel distributor in successfully resisting claims in a representative action claiming nuisance arising from an underground fuel leak.
- Acted for the employer appointed trustees of a pension fund in a contentious dispute with the employee appointed trustees concerning the duties of the board of trustees.
- Representing an international performing rights organization in successfully enforcing the exclusive public performance rights in its musical works retained when the musical work was embodied in a motion picture shown in public.