Claire McAvinchey is a professional support executive with experience in a wide range of legal matters.
Her practice areas include admiralty, environmental law, including matters related to damage to natural resources, banking and finance work including assistance in litigation matters with bonds, guarantees, debt recovery, enforcement of security and judgments, financial services law and regulation, mortgage and possession actions, corporate matters including insolvency, liquidations receiverships, corporate formation and reorganization and employment, intellectual property and insurance.
Recent engagements include:
- Assisting lead counsel in advising the Claimant in a multi-jurisdictional Arbitration relating to a high value stock secured loan facility.
- Part of work-team acting in a claim involving the enforcement of secured liabilities, from demand to enforcement of judgment stage.
- Assisting lead counsel advising on contentious commercial and residential real estate disputes.
- Assisting lead counsel defending a call on a high value retention bond including an application to stay the proceedings in light of the existence of an arbitration clause.
- Part of work-team advising on contentious labour and employment law disputes involving unfair dismissal and employment claims in the Labour Tribunal of the Turks and Caicos Islands.