Edward Marshall is a Partner in the firm’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice Group.
Edward’s practice focuses primarily on employment litigation and labour disputes, before all Bahamian courts and tribunals, trust and estate litigation, commercial fraud and white-collar crime, asset recovery, and contentious real estate (including title/tax/landlord & tenant).
Recent engagements include:
- Generally advising and representing a luxury private golf and beach club in Abaco in connection with labour and employment matters.
- Advising and representing major industrial clients in Grand Bahama in connection with labour and employment disputes.
- Assisting lead GT counsel in defeating a multi-million dollar claim asserted against a leading financial institution.
- Assisting lead GT counsel in advising trustees in relation to claims asserted by beneficiaries against a large estate.
- Recovering high-end condominium units located in Grand Bahama on behalf of the Condominium Association.
- Successfully negotiating the dissolution of a contentious multi-jurisdictional partnership.
- Assisting lead GT counsel in a dispute involving collective bargaining agreements entered into between a major utility company and its management union.
- Assisting lead GT counsel in defending against the enforcement a foreign arbitration award against a local client.