Erica Paine is a Partner in the firm’s Property and Development Practice Group.
Erica specializes in real estate transactions and conveyancing, sales and structuring for both high-end and private client matters and large commercial transactions. Her practice covers condominium agreements and declarations, resorts, hotels, marinas, mixed use and residential projects, fractional ownership arrangements, private and commercial leases, subdivision planning, easements, title insurance, service charges and rights of way, mortgage-backed financing and loans, property title due diligence and opinions, commercial and residential leases and related tax matters and issues, and in advising on and applying for all governmental and requisite approvals.
Erica chairs the Firm’s VAT tax group.
Recent engagements include:
- Representing real estate developers with the purchase, development, financing and re-sale of resort and residential developments, including an approximately 500-acre project in the Abacos, an approximately 245-acre project in Grand Bahama and an approximately 1500-acre project in Eleuthera.
- Representing real estate developers with regard to subjecting property to the condominium form of ownership.
- Representing real estate developers with regard to time-share and other fractional ownership projects.
- Representing hotel developers and managers, including major global brands establishing a local branch in The Bahamas.
- Advising major corporate investors on local requirements in conjunction with international transactions.
- Advising on financing structure to local banks for local and international clients.
- Numerous conveyancing and mortgage transactions including whole islands and second homes.
- Advising on Value Added Tax liabilities, including pursuing a claim for a multi million-dollar refund.