Gabriel Brown is an Associate in the firm’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice Group.
Gabriel works on a range of litigation and dispute resolution matters. His experience has comprised work in each one of the firm’s practice groups.
Recent engagements include:
- Representing clients before The Bahamas Labour Board concerning employment disputes.
- Assisting Senior Counsel with providing advice to a high-net-worth client in relation to the position in law regarding the concept of the “Corporate Veil” and in what instances the Court may pierce the veil of a corporate personality, to hold directors and shareholders accountable.
- Assisting Senior Counsel in the successful defence of a local airline against substantial claims for damages as a result of personal injuries and other consequential loss.
- Part of a work team responsible for the restructuring of a major estate planning structure comprising a number of Bahamian trusts for high-net-worth non-Bahamian clients.
- Assisting Senior Counsel in proceedings regarding the variation of a Property Freezing Order made against a local bank, concerning funds in excess of $5 million.
- Drafting memorandums and summaries of various legislation for publication to the firm’s website.
- Assisting with the firm’s Registration of Beneficial Owners Project.
- Appearing with Senior Counsel before the Supreme Court and Court of Appeal.
- Conducting a successful mediation on behalf of a client.