Jayel Gibson is an Associate in the firm’s Financial Services, Private Clients, Trusts and Estates Practice Group.
Jayel works on corporate and financial services matters, including regulatory and compliance advice relating to the domestic Securities sector.
Recent engagements include:
- Assisting with the licensing of various Asset Management Companies with the Securities Commission of The Bahamas.
- Assisting with advising on the reorganization of a major financial institution in The Bahamas.
- Assisting with advising and representing various companies registered with the Department of Inland Revenue on Value Added Tax and Business License issues.
- Assisting with the liquidation of a large banking institution which dealt in broker dealer services.
- Completing various regulatory surveys relating to Telecommunication and Broadcasting, Corporate Compliance, Business and Tax Registration.