John Minns is a Partner in the firm’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice Group.
John’s practice encompasses a broad range of litigation matters including banking, trusts, personal injury, land disputes and judicial review matters. John also regularly advises with respect to employment matters.
Recent engagements include:
- Assisting lead GT counsel in high profile Judicial Review before Supreme Court concerning land use on the periphery of an exclusive residential community.
- Assisting lead GT counsel in a number of trust directions and variation applications.
- Appearing as Junior Counsel before Supreme Court in large multi-jurisdictional contentious trust dispute which resulted in a decision clarifying trustees disclosure obligations under s 83 of the Trustee Act of The Bahamas.
- Lead counsel before Supreme Court for commercial bank in multi-million dollar loss of profit claim.
- Lead counsel in defence of utility provider with respect to defamation claims arising from broadcasts.
- Lead counsel for private bank in matter concerning claims of fraud.
- Lead counsel in advising appearing in Supreme Court on behalf of insurers with respect to numerous personal injury claims.