Leonard Whan is a Partner in the firm’s Financial Services, Private Clients, Trusts and Estates Practice Group.
Leonard’s practice primarily focuses on the representation of global and domestic institutions, in the banking, financial services, investment management, energy, and government and public policy sectors. His practice includes corporate restructurings, mergers and acquisition regulatory matters, including applications, filings and compliance matters with all Governmental agencies.
Recent engagements include:
- Representing a leading bank in The Bahamas regarding the redrafting of its service agreements for banking and trust services.
- Representing a global financial institution concerning obtaining a banking licence in The Bahamas and drafting all of the applicable customer agreements and policies relating thereto.
- Representing a global security company in the sale of its Bahamian subsidiary for $480 million.
- Representing an international financial institution in the sale of a majority interest in its Bahamian bank subsidiary.
- Advising a local financial institution with respect to the redrafting of its online banking agreement and general account terms and conditions.
- Representing a global investment fund structure in its filings with the Securities Commission in connection with a winding up application.
- Representing a leading financial institution with respect to a $100 million syndicated credit facility for the Government of The Bahamas.
- Advising several multi-national companies with respect to VAT implementation and compliance.
- Advising a leading international power generation company with regard to its application to the Bahamas Investment Authority and requisite permit and licensing requirements.