Michelle Pindling-Sands, is a Partner in the firm’s Financial Services, Private Client, Trusts and Estates Practice Group.
Michelle’s practice is focused primarily on cross-border commercial transactions, including complex structured financing transactions with international lenders and other financial institutions and in advising on and applying for all governmental approvals.
She also acts for individual clients on general corporate and commercial matters, which range from company incorporations, continuations or re-domiciliations, mergers and acquisitions, and liquidations.
Michelle is also Chair of the firm’s Shipping Practice Group
Recent engagements include:
- Advising in connection with an exchange offer memorandum and consent solicitation statement for a national airline to exchange existing 8.375% Senior Notes for a new issuance of senior unsecured notes guaranteed by among others, a company incorporated under the laws of The Bahamas.
- Advising Administrative Agent as Collateral Agent in connection with $260,000,000 financing for a market leader in the cruise ship industry with financing secured by, among other things, a statutory ship mortgage over its Bahamian flag registered ship.
- Advised a leading retailer in connection with its corporate restructuring within the group involving local mergers and cross-border mergers.
- Acted as lead Bahamian counsel for a US$550 million offering to refinance existing debt for a market leader in the luxury cruise industry.
- Advised in connection with an additional US$70 million note offering to the above noted US$550 million transaction.
- Advised a lender in relation to financing to repay outstanding indebtedness of a group of ship-owning companies, with each ship-owning company providing ship security as guarantors in support of the loan facility, and drafting corporate resolutions and ship mortgages.
- Advised a lender in connection with a facility to oil and gas companies, secured by Bahamian all asset security and share pledges, and drafting and registering all Bahamian security.