Samantha Williams is a Partner in the firm’s Property and Development, Practice Group.
Samantha specializes in real estate transactions and conveyancing, sales and structuring, mortgage-backed financing and loans, property title due diligence and opinions, title insurance, and subdivision, commercial and residential leases, condominium agreements, corporate and finance matters, including the preparation of complex financing documents and the structuring of syndicated loans, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, related tax matters and issues, and in advising on and applying for all governmental and requisite approvals.
Samantha’ practice also includes probate and estate matters.
Recent engagements include:
- Represented purchaser in equity acquisition and purchase of a company which operates a major shipyard in the Freeport Harbour, Freeport, Grand Bahama, The Bahamas.
- Provided advice to major local retail commercial and private financial institutions on procedural steps and obligations to be observed by a mortgagee in the exercise of its non-judicial power of sale arising on the part of a mortgagee under the Homeowners Protection Act, 2017.
- Advising credit risk personnel at local lending institutions on the enforceability of mortgage security, demand and sale, and acting on behalf of such lending institutions in power of sale matters; assisting in the implementation, drafting and reviewing of internal bank policies, documents and other related matters.
- Representing a major international debt fund as local counsel in a debt-for-equity swap of approximately US$ 170 million, concerning a major Bahamian resort property and related joint venture interests, which included obtaining requisite multi-departmental Bahamian Government approvals for the acquisition, the assumption of casino management licenses, and a numerous relevant operating licenses.
- Transferring the mortgage loan portfolio of a leading international bank operating within the Bahamas.
- Advising high net worth families with respect to complex probate matters involving a wide range of assets, including the distribution and sale of such assets.