Samuel Brown is an Associate in the firm’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice Group.
Samuel’s practice primarily focuses on corporate and commercial law, banking, admiralty and shipping, arbitration, construction, insurance and employment law, asset recovery personal injury and contentious real estate.
Recent engagements include:
- Assisting lead counsel in successfully pursuing a claim on behalf of international clients against a local Bahamian contractor regarding issues such as fraudulent misrepresentation, secret commissions and kickbacks and repudiation of contract. Clients were awarded a sum in excess of $888,000 in respect of secret commissions and kickbacks, and an agreed sum in excess of $2 million in respect of its recoverable costs.
- Assisting lead GT counsel in defending a leading Canadian commercial bank in relation to a claim in excess of $2.4 million.
- Assisting lead GT counsel in defeating a claim in excess of $1.3 million against a leading Bahamian insurance company.
- Assisting lead GT counsel in defending a claim in excess of $1 million against a leading Bahamian industrial company.
- Generally advising and representing leading commercial banks and insurance companies.