Stephen Wilson QC, is a Partner and head of the firm’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice Group in the Turks and Caicos Islands (“TCI”).
Stephen has appeared in many of the TCI’s headline cases involving disputes in the tourism and hospitality, banking, real estate, insurance and construction/building sectors.
He has a broad range of experience with matters in the Admiralty, Shipping and Aviation, Banking and Finance, Corporate and Commercial, Employment and Labour, Insurance, Intellectual Property, and Property and Development sectors
Stephen’s Corporate and Commercial work has included complex corporate and commercial disputes comprising multi-jurisdictional claims, multi-party actions, contract breaches, and insolvencies and liquidations involving local and international parties, shareholder disputes, and corporate reorganizations and restructurings.
Stephen is also a leading lawyer in intellectual property litigation in TCI
Recent engagements include:
- Assisting multi-national construction company on entry into the TCI market and facilitating joint venture with local construction company.
- Successfully representing strata unit owners in landmark case regarding freedom to let strata properties.
- Leading Counsel in an arbitration involving a dispute between the major shareholder of a Hong Kong listed company and a Bahamian financial institution.
- Representing the minority shareholder of a Bahamian company with valuable interests in Asia.
- Representing the Receiver of a property development company in a dispute with the company’s director.
- Advising the Joint Provisional Liquidators of a Bermudian reinsurance company in respect of a multi-million dollar property restructure in TCI.
- Representing the Official Liquidator of TCI companies involved in a $220 million international foreign exchange Ponzi scheme.
- Advising developers and operators of major hotels and resorts in Providenciales and representing them in commercial and labour disputes.
- Advising the TCI branches of leading Bahamian and Caymanian commercial banks and representing them in commercial and labour disputes.
- Representing a leading TCI general contractor in multi-million dollar building and construction arbitration.
- Advising commercial airline operators entering the TCI market on labour and industrial relations matters.