Katherine Elza is a Partner in the firm’s Property and Development Practice Group.
Katherine practice focuses primarily on mortgage-backed financing and loans, property title due diligence and opinions, title insurance, and subdivision planning and development, applications for Crown Grants, commercial and residential leases and in advising on and applying for all governmental and requisite approvals.
Her practice also includes probate and estate and intellectual property matters.
Recent engagements include:
- Advising private clients on the acquisition, ownership and sales of residential property in The Bahamas, particularly in Lyford Cay and Old Fort Bay.
- Acting for various Downtown Nassau Waterfront stakeholders in relation to applying for and procuring Seabed and Jetty Leases from the Government.
- Providing advice under the Planning and Subdivision Act and the Law of Property (Condominium) Act to developers in relation to the requirements and process for developing subdivisions and declaring condominiums in The Bahamas.
- Acting for clients in respect of making applications to the Government for Crown Grants.
- Advising clients on the acquisition, ownership, sales and leasing of commercial property in Nassau.
- Advising high net worth families in relation to probate matters.