Sean McWeeney Jr. is an Associate in the firm’s Financial Services, Private Client, Trusts and Estates Practice Group.
Sean’s practice is focused primarily on cyberlaw, data protection and privacy compliance, software and technology contracts, media, and e-commerce; extending also to non-contentious estate planning, energy, and family matters.
Recent engagements include:
- Providing advice to several companies and individuals in connection with local emergency Covid-19 laws.
- Preparing an opinion on the legality of electronic signatures and international data transfers.
- Preparing and revising media production contracts for a local company.
- Advising a foreign digital payment platform on local data protection and tax law.
- Preparing a memo on digital assets for a local financial institution.
- Revising a cloud contract and electronic services agreement for a local bank.
- Providing advice on environmental law for a multinational corporation.
- Advising a foreign e-commerce platform on local tax, employment and company laws.
- Assisting with an ongoing divorce matters involving substantial assets in multiple jurisdictions.
- Assisting in the drafting of a pre-nuptial agreement.
- Completion of regulatory surveys on a variety of topics including data protection, entertainment, privacy, employment, electronic commerce and marriage.