Tanya Hanna is a Partner in the firm’s Financial Services, Private Client, Trusts and Estates Practice Group.
Tanya primarily focuses on trusts, wills, probate and estate planning, foundations, private trust companies company law and international commercial law, and regulatory compliance, providing advice to trust companies on the development of new services, and on issues arising in trust administration and regulatory issues for a wide range of domestic and international clients.
Recent engagements include:
- The restructure of a major estate planning structure comprising a number of Bahamian trusts for non-Bahamian clients.
- The provision of estate planning advice including the drafting and preparation of various trusts and letters of wishes to a high net worth Bahamian.
- Advising on a wide array of corporate and trust law issues for the restructuring of an offshore trust company.
- Facilitating the conversion of a trust company to a private trust company, which required Central Bank of The Bahamas cooperation and approvals throughout the course of the transition.
- Providing estate planning advice to a high net worth international family, with special emphasis on determining the most appropriate structures to meet the client’s financial objectives. Ultimately, a private trust company, purpose trust, foundation and trust were formed to meet this client’s needs.
- Providing corporate law advice to international law firms and multinational companies in connection with international finance structures involving Bahamian companies and assets.
- Providing advice on a major pension plan restructuring, including reviewing, revising and drafting documents necessary to effect the restructure.